Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A little about me

Well where to start...  I am a native Texan and have lived here my whole life.  There are more than a few teams I root for but I am a huge believer in rooting for your home town team.  I have a few non Houston teams that I root for but I root for EVERY Houston team first.

Let me give you a break down of "My" teams. I love all the Houston teams: Texans, Rockets, Astros, Dynamo, and even the Aeros from time to time.  My non Houston teams consist of Manchester United, and the USA Mens National Soccer team.  I am also a big college football fan and I root hard for the Texas Aggies and any team playing Texas.

Anyone who knows me knows I pretty much HATE every team from Dallas.  Call it a regional rivalry, call it being jaded by obnoxious Cowboys fans, whatever... I hate Dallas teams.  That said, I will try not to let that bubble over too much in my posts as I know a few of you are Cowboys fans. 

You may be wondering a bit about the name of the blog,  8 to 80...  it obviously refers to Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson, the two Texans franchise players.  The idea of the name comes from a very well known Indianapolis Colts blog 18to88.com.  I saw the name of that and loved it so I carried it over to my blog.

This wasn't exactly "the book" on me but if you have any questions please just ask.  I'll reply to the "appropriate " ones.

3 comments:

  1. I cannot start reading your blog until you remove the "Steeler" mention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I removed my SLIGHT Pittsburg affiliation for you Xavier!

    Happy??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you prepared to rename this 13to80texansblogspot.com next year?

    ReplyDelete